Soulful Inhibitions Dawn Scott


My name is Dawn Scott I am Emerging Artist who creates what comes to mind. I was born in Harrisburg,PA. Though, I don't see them often, my loves are my nephews SayQuan and Tre'. My favorite songs are "Aint No Half Steppin" and " Too Hot to Handle by Heatwave", "Strawberry Letter 22" by The Brother's Johnson, "Ooo", "Friend of Mine", and "Hands Up" by Soul fruit a gospel group. as well as having a love for Trance Music. I have an Associates degree in Apparel Design, B.A. in Human Services Administration and I am currently working on a M.S. degree in psychology. Though, I love art, my background is within the field of social services. From what my mothers says, I have been drawing since the age of five and art seems to be hereditary. My inspiration comes from my eldest sibling Charlene and whom I has influenced me with her sense of style from a young age as well as my imagination. "Kool Charlene"is what my uncle would call her; not to mention the color sense obtained from my mother. With the support of God, my mom,pastor Jackie Ann Stewart of Bickley's New Beginning United Methodist Church and her husband Herman Stewart as well as Jeannette Gussom Christ servant minister, Mrs. Atsko ,"Kool Charlene"and my whom have all played a significant role in my existence, I have decided to pursue my first love, drawing and painting. I currently work in Acrylics, Pastels and Pencil. I have donated works to establishments who service the needs of others within the Philadelphia Area. I have donated art to Why Not Proposer? a home of new beginnings for women coming out of prison, Interfaith Hospitality Network, Mount Airy Church of God, Victoria's Kitchen, the Salvation Army , and the Human Relations Commission at 8th and Arch Street. I believe that servicing others, is of great importance. When I work, I work hard as well as engaging in honest business practices.
I would welcome the opportunity to earn your trust and deliver you the best service THAT I POSSIBLY CAN.
Sincerely,
DMS