Alan Dean is an admired African American artist


























I respect the artists involved in abstract art, but personally, I prefer to
present life without distortion," says Alan Dean. "Along with aesthetics, I
would rather have a message, too."

Alan Dean is an admired African American artist, known more for his Black
art prints and reproduction. Portraits of Mohammed Ali, Malcolm X, Martin
Luther King, and many more.

" Being an Afro-American myself, I am comfortable with presenting my
perspective on Afro-Americanna."Alan has participated in the
International Conference of Artists Art Show that took place in Dakar
Senegal, West Africa.

Four of his Black Art prints were used by Spike Lee in his movie, School
Daze.

A portrait of Mohammed Ali, by Alan Dean, hung at Ali's training camp.

Alan's most recent works of art were produced while traveling to several
of the Caribbean Islands.

Born July 15, 1953 in Baltimore, Maryland, Alan started drawing around the
age of four.

Alan attended Mergenthaler Vocational Technical High School in Baltimore
for Commercial Art and took additional training at Schuler's School of the
Fine Art, that is also located in Baltimore.

Several of Alan's works are in private collections around the United
States. Alan says, " I was really surprised when I received a letter from
Patti Laballe expressing how pleased she and her husband were with
their Stymie art print and that it made a nice addition to their living room.

read more>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>